Sunday, September 20, 2009

Confessions of a Thinkaholic

I just spent the last twenty minutes writing a blog that is now nonexistent due to technical mishaps.  Don't you hate those? I do.

Ugh.

Anyways, I have been reading all of your blogs from a far and i figure it’s about time i join in on this little world.  I love love love people who can speak to others through writing.  You people who can pull a masterpiece out of nowhere.  Your fingers flow over the keyboard effortlessly--it’s a work of art, really, it is.

Oh. Jealousy.

I want so badly to be able to put my thoughts into words, but I have too much going on in my head at all times. Over the years I have had countless journals; they just never were written in for more than a few weeks at a time.  Its not that i have nothing to say, I just have too much to say!  It’s called ADD.  And I am not being sarcastic when I say I am a victim.  You can ask anyone who is close to me (or my doctor haha).  Especially Chris.  Writing him for the past year has been quite an adventure.  I promise he can say he has laughed a time or two when reading my letters.  Not because of a funny story, but because of how amazingly fast I can get distracted.  I tend to get off topic a lot.  Yes, I am a rambler.  Chris and I call these moments “hanna rants.”  I’m sure many of you have done those before.  But, I assure you I am the queen.

There are just so many ideas i want to express.  I AM ALWAYS THINKING.  It’s overwhelming.  It can cause me to be a very quiet person.  People who don’t know me as well think I am shy, but it’s more that I am…oh what’s the word, reflective?  I am always taking in my surroundings, deep in thought. (Although, I can be shy as well.) But because of this, I suppose people might assume I’m a loner.  Call me what you wish, I have my friends! 


is this not the cheesiest thing you have ever seen?
but it fits the topic right?
very...contemplative

Getting back to what I was trying to say-I admire those people who bring journals/notebooks with them wherever they go.  Those people who are constantly jotting down thoughts, ideas, notes.  I want to be that person.  I want people to know what goes inside my head.

And that is why I am starting this blog.  It’s a fresh start, a new beginning, an attempt to make my thoughts, my emotions, and my life clear.  Even if no one ever reads this, this is for me.

I hope that this will last much longer than any of my previous journals.

1 comment: