Monday, September 27, 2010

when i was five i married a man named rebecca.

He had red hair and was at least 20 years older than me. In efforts to avoid this event, i hid in my wedding dress. It happened to be hanging in a closet in the middle of a meadow.
This is one of the earliest dreams that i can remember in detail. Am i the only one who is constantly dreaming? i'm talkin' long, vivid, bizarre dreams. dang near e'ry night. Dreams that feel so real, it takes a good 30 seconds after waking up to realize who and where you really are.
The other day i was talking to a friend who claims that he never has dreams. If he does, he doesn't remember them. Because of this, he has a hard time believing people when they give outrageous dream recaps. He's convinced that his roommate makes up dreams just so he can have a crazy story to tell. I decided it would be better not to mention to him that the night before I had dreamt that i was in a 1970's horror film that involved giant killer whales.
It was terrifying.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I read the last sentence a little too quickly "I kill giant whales"

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha. i was trying to in my dream!

    ReplyDelete